- This event has passed.
FA Training Day – Classroom Management, Environment & Play
January 25, 2018
Classroom Management, Environment & Play
Overview of the day (notes):
Mixture of theoretical & practical inputs.
This practical day will offer trainee teachers a fully certificated FA football coaching course which will give an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young children that can be used in physical activity sessions.
The course will introduce practical games to develop childrens’ technical football skills such as shooting, turning with the ball and running with the ball as well as more generic physical activity skills in line with expectations at EYFS and KS1. The course will also introduce some key aspects in the following: Player and coach development, The FA’s Respect Programme, Laws of the Game, An introduction to The FA’s Long Term Player Development Model, An introduction to Football for All.
Led by: Creag Lawrence
Also including inputs from:
• To enhance confidence and skills in leading physical activity sessions and in football coaching
- To extend understanding of effective coaching strategies and practice
- To extend trainee teachers capacity to offer extra curricular activities
Gap task to follow up (from last session):
1. Interview a leader from home setting about their perceptions of challenging circumstances and how they address these issues in the school
2. Locate and read an Ofsted Report of a school in special measures or requiring improvement, especially in relation to underperformance for low achieving groups, and identify the issues
Gap task to set (for this session):
1. Read FA documents on coaching and skill development
2. Run and evaluate a football (or other sport) coaching session for a small group of children
Teaching standard(s) to be met in this session:
#4: Plan and teach well-structured lessons
#5: Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
#7: Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
#8: Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
National priorities to be met in this session:
Managing children’s behaviour
Special educational needs and disability
Pauline Wetton (1997) Physical Education in the Early Years (Teaching & Learning in the Early Years), Routledge: Abingdon.